You've heard "a rose by another name", well this time it was another child by the same name.
We were at a backyard party hosted by a friend of ours, watching the kids play on the swing set. Faith was keeping me busy chasing after her, as usual, and I'd had enough. I was tired and she wasn't in immediate danger, like when she darted out in front of the swings and almost got kicked in the head or the time a toy truck came flying off the roof of the jungle gym and almost fell on her, so I stayed put and tried to coax her back to within grabbing distance. I decided to start by calling her sweetly.
"Faith Renee!" I said in a sing-song-y voice, "Come here". She hardly batted an eye on her way to the slide. Instead another child came to me and looked up expectantly. I knew her name was Faith, that is why I called Faith Renee, so I could differentiate her from MY Faith. I explained this to the 6-year old in front of me. Still the child stood there looking at me. "Faith Renee, is that your name too?" I questioned. Yes, it was! "My daughter is Faith Renee too!" I said grabbing the terrorist toddler on her way past and introduced them.
We were all commenting on what a coincidence it was, when our host added who this other Faith Renee belonged to, a co-worker of Daddy's with the same last name! That's right, this other little girl and my daughter have the exact same name: first, middle and last; right down to the spelling.
And just the other day I was teasing Daddy that with my common first name and the common last name I got from him, I might as well be Mary Johnson. Who knew a child named Faith would have the same problem. Poor Hannah doesn't stand a chance.
1 comment:
That is a crazy coincidence!!!
Post a Comment