The purpose of this blog is to share the joy of loving the children I so desperately prayed for and the guilt that comes with being a full-time working mommy.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
4-Year Old Hannah
Last month Hannah turned four years old. She is growing up before my very eyes! She is such a sweet girl. She is so very loving, smart, articulate, thoughtful and conscientious. She sometimes leaves the privacy of another room to come and ask permission for something she knows I will not allow. She does this even though she could have probably gotten away it while I'm busy in another room and not within sight. She asks because she is a good girl and desires most to please her parents. She is thoughtful of others. Just last night she left her toys and came to me in the kitchen after dinner to say "thank you for cooking so good" and being a "good Momma". All I did was hand the brats to Daddy to cook on the grill, but I'll take this bit of praise because I know that she is thanking me for taking care of these things, for meal planning and shopping and making sure she doesn't go hungry. My girl Hannah is beautiful inside and out. This month she got the back of her hair cut for the first time ever! Daddy cut almost three inches off the ends. It looks nice. But with the new haircut and the gradual yet constant maturing, she is beginning to look more like a school girl to me and less like my baby. Of course she is sweet enough to remind me from time to time that she will always be my baby, even when I'm a grandma!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, how sweet! I'd love to see a picture of her with her new hairstyle.
Daddy is a man of many talents if he can even cut girl's hair. Joe cuts Benjamin's with electric shears and I trim bangs on Rachel and myself, but that is about the extent of our barbering abilities. Could he do mine too? My ends need trimming up.
Yes he has many talents. Usually it me that trims the bangs. That's all we do. I average about every 18 months for hair cuts and Faith has never had a hair cut. Hannah just get her bangs trimmed, until now. Really Daddy was just tired of waiting for me to do it. It was hard to think of cutting her hair for the first time, but it had to be done. It was becoming a bit of a hygiene issue as she had to hold her hair out of the way to go to the bathroom. Like she doesn't have enough to do just trying to keep from falling in every time she goes. :)
Post a Comment