When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
-1 Corinthians 13:11
-1 Corinthians 13:11
When I read this I am reminded that my condition on this earth is only temporary. One day, when we walk where angels trod, we will put our earthly ways behind us. It helps to put life's trials into perspective.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
-1 Corinthians 8 and 12.
-1 Corinthians 8 and 12.
I am still surprised when I find oft quoted words in the Bible. So much of the Bible is poetic and of well-crafted prose. It is great literature. But above that, it draws us near.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
-1 Corinthians 13:13
-1 Corinthians 13:13
No comments:
Post a Comment