Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Staying Accountable

Even if no one reads this blog.  I'm going to use it to stay accountable.  To that end, here is an update on my fitness and health goals so far.

I missed day three of walking at the gym, due to a pinched nerve.  It still hurts, but I was able to pick up on day four where I left off.  I even took the hubby with me!  Twenty minutes on the treadmill and 5 minutes on the elliptical.  I would have done more elliptical, but hubby, who has an injured foot was done, and my pinched nerve was wearing me out.

My eating was better yesterday.  For breakfast, I had Greek yogurt with honey and a couple handfuls of blueberries.  Lunch was a can of Tuscan white bean soup and a hunk of left over Italian bread.  For dinner, we had the rest of the Costco salmon, baked with light olive oil and lemon juice, white rice, tomato slices, green beans, and a half a navel orange each.

I know that I'm breaking many of my own rules.  For instance, the soup and the green beans were canned.  White rice cannot be that great for me.  And if I'm honest, I also had a handful of Hershey's chocolate bells left over from Christmas throughout the day.  Still, this is a definite improvement.  I had protein rich dairy foods, fresh fruits and berries, and salmon.  It wasn't all bad. 

Baby steps.

No comments: