It has been nearly four years since I made a post on this blog. I've not had much to say. . . until now. I've begun another one of my obsessions that probably won't happen. This time, as in many many times in the last ten years, I want to ride the Katy Trail.
I used to be that I wanted to ride the entire trail. I don't know if I want to do that anymore, and besides, no one wants to do that with me. So I've scaled back my dream somewhat. I want to at least overnight on the trail.
The Current Plan
Take the train to Hermann, MO
Have lunch in Hermann
Ride 34 miles
Stay in the Turner Shelter, a hostel in Tebbetts, MO
The next day...
Ride 22 miles to Hartsburg, MO
Have a stop over in Jefferson City, MO
Take a tour of the capital building
Camp under the gazebo roof in Volunteer Park
The third day. . .
Ride 35 miles to Rocheport, MO
Camp at the Katy Roundhouse in New Franklin, MO
The fourth day. . .
Ride 41 miles to Sedalia, MO
Catch the evening train home
Since no one will ride the trail with me, I thought "Why not ride it alone?" That got the attention of at least one family member, my dad. He insists that I cannot ride it alone. I might get conked over the head or something. His words not mine. I think he may be willing to (insist on) acting as a support vehicle and meet me at the trail heads along the way and carry all my gear in his vehicle. This will make camping A LOT easier and taking the Amtrak unnecessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment