Friday, January 23, 2009

Regrets

Do you have regrets? I do. I wish I had followed my passion in high school and continued toward a Biology degree in college. It just seemed so out of reach to me then and another 4-8 years of schooling seemed like a lifetime. Besides, back then I couldn't think of anything else to do with my love of biology except become a veterinarian. Vets are great, but I don't think I want to be on. Maybe a dog groomer, but that's another story.

I don't know that I'd be making a whole lot more money if I had follwed my passion, but that's not the point. It would be more likely that I'd be doing something I love, instead of ending up in an office. Yuck! Give me the outdoors, give me science, or otherwise, surround me with nature. Even working in a lab is more exciting than what I am doing.

Did you know that NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association) has a CSI lab? What possible crimes could NOAA be investigating you ask? Well they investigate suspected marine poachers, like those that hunt sea turtles. They also identify fish shipped illegally to the US,marked as some other type of fish. Like Vietnamese Catfish (illegal) labeled as Grouper. Very cool!

Regrets, regrets, regrets...

The one thing I don't regret is marrying the man I married and having a beautiful family together. Still, if I have to work, I would rather be outside or in a lab than in an office filing papers.

2 comments:

Horribly Young Old Man said...

Never regret, Dreamer. Always look forward. You can't undo the past but you can control the future. And more pep talk stuff. Hope things are well with you and the family. Keep the office job until this Depression ends, as every economic downfall is the breeding ground for the next wave of prosperity. Cast off the ties and ride the next wave up if you get the chance. You are so cool.

Dreamer said...

I do have regrets, but that is inevitable. Thanks for the pep talk. :) I agree about keeping the office job until the depression ends. I have accepted the fact that I will be sending Hannah to public school in the fall. We'll save money on daycare and maybe be able to pay some more stuff off. We are working on being debt free. That is probably just another pipe dream, but the less we owe the better. I just wish we were in a better place financially when this economic disaster hit.