On my way in this morning the thermometer in the car read -2 degrees. Minus 2 degrees!! But it really didn't feel that bad out there. I still didn't have to zip my coat or put on gloves between the car and the babysitters front door or the car and work. When I go back out to the car after work, it will be a different story. It sure is nice to have a garage at home!
The high temperature today is forecast at 8 degrees. Eight degrees, that's it!!! Not that I'm complaining too loudly, less than 200 miles to the north it is -15 degrees. And did you see North Dakota on the weather this morning? Parts of that state is -38 degrees right now. :-0
I mention all this because I am tired of winter already. If it has got to be this cold, let it snow. Where's the fun without some nice snow on the ground?
Speaking of...all the area ponds seem to have froze solid over night. If it stays this cold for a few days, we might be able to walk on the ponds soon. Not that I have a pond to walk on, but still, someone will have some fun. As a kid I couldn't wait for the creek in my backyard to freeze over so I could "ice skate". It wasn't really ice skating because I didn't have any skates, but pretending while you slide over the smooth surface in your snow boots is still a lot of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment