Friday, June 01, 2007

My Next Crazy Scheme

OK. I've planted my SFG and things are going well.

We added chicken wire around the perimeter and strung the trellis. The beans are getting big, the tomato plants have blooms on them and the radishes and carrots have popped up. After all the rain we've gotten recently one cantaloupe plant looks a little worse for the wear, but the other is putting out a new leaf or two. I'll have to post a new picture soon.

Now for my next idea.

Actually it's not my idea, but one I'd like to try out: freezing meals for a month. As with everything, I think I'll start out small. I'm going to try a couple of my family's favorite recipes and see if they freeze well. And I'll try a couple of the recipes from the book I'm reading: "Everything Meals for a Month Cookbook".

If this works out, I'll be able to do the majority of the shopping and cooking for our evening meals just once a month. In addition to saving time on the cooking and the clean up, I should be able to save some $$$ by taking advantage of sales and coupons. We could all use some of that!

As always, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: