Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Delicious Pork Chops!

Last night, in a stroke of genius, I combined bacon and pork chops for a delicious main dish.
I thought I'd like to brown the pork chops in bacon grease before putting them in the oven. So I fried up some bacon and browned the pork chops, dredged in seasoned flour, in the skillet on the stove. Once browned I transferred the pork chops to a glass baking dish "greased" with melted butter. But then what would I do with the bacon? I decided to put in on top of the chops and cover with shredded cheese. It was yummy! So I thought I'd share. Here's the recipe:

6 pork chops, 1/2" thick
6 slices bacon
1 & 1/2 C shredded cheese, cheddar or mozzarella/cheddar mix
1/2 C flour
salt
pepper
2T butter

  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and coat the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
  3. Fry bacon in a skillet on the stove. Leave them slightly underdone. Set aside.
  4. Mix 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Lightly coat the pork chops with the flour mix.
  6. Put dredged chops in the skillet of hot bacon drippings. Brown on both sides.
  7. Arrange browned pork chops in the baking dish. Place a strip of bacon across the top of each chop. Cover liberally with the shredded cheese.
  8. Bake pork chops in a 425 degrees oven for 15-20 minutes.

No comments: