Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Time to Panic?

So if you were expecting a baby in the next 4-5 weeks and you still had the following list of things to do would you hit the panic button?

* Clear a huge to-do pile off my desk at work
* Prepare a handbook of all my assigned tasks for my back up
* Wash the carseat and bassinet covers
* Repair or replace the bassinet
* Install the carseat
* Buy a crib mattress
* Pack a hospital bag
* Pack an overnight (or 2-night) bag for Hannah to stay with relatives
* Clean house!!!!!
* Gather supplies for the breastfeeding corner
* Get a baby book
* Make big sister/little sister t-shirts

I wouldn't say I'm paniced yet, but I am getting a little antsy to get things done, especially the work related things. I just want that peace of mind knowing that the little one can come at any time and I'll be ready.

I'm so excited. I can't wait to meet her. Just think, soon I'll be a Mommy to TWO girls!! I wonder what this baby will look like. Will she look like Hannah (Daddy) or will she look more like Mommy? Will her eyes be blue or green? Will she have dimples too? How big will she be? What will her birth be like? How will Hannah react to sharing her parents with a new sibling? There's just so many questions, but I'm excited to learn the answer to all of them.

Oh yeah, one more thing on the to do list:

* Decide on a name for the baby!

Nope, no need to panic there. Daddy and I are experienced at coming up with a name while in the delivery room. (Much to my mother's dismay :~)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Need to PANIC.....I have it all under control except the Job thing, there your on your own.

Dreamer said...

You're my hero!