Monday, January 22, 2007

Progress Update

This weekend my Mother-in-law made a very generous offer. We were talking about the things that I needed to get done before baby. One of those things is to get a baby mattress for the crib. My MIL said for us to go to Babies 'R' Us and pick out the mattress we want and she will pay for it! That is SO nice of her and will save us about $100. I know, not a huge sum of money but still a lot when you consider I will be taking time off without pay and/or pay at a reduced rate. I just think it was incredibly sweet of her. So maybe we'll go do that tonight and I can pickup a baby book while we're there.

I was hoping to get the house cleaned this weekend but overdid it on Saturday cleaning the kitchen. It took me all day and it wasn't even that messy. I had to take many breaks. All the stooping, standing and scrubbing makes the tummy muscles above my belly button hurt badly. By bedtime I was in a great deal of pain. Unfortunately it still hurt Sunday so I didn't get the laundry done, the bathrooms cleaned or the carpet vacuumed. It hurt bad enough last night that I called the doctor about it today. The nurse says it's nothing to worry about and chalked it up to my being as big as a barn. She says she can guarantee that it will go away it 3-4 weeks. Ha-ha!

On an up note, the pile on my desk it getting smaller. :) Here's my list now:

* Clear a huge to-do pile off my desk at work
* Prepare a handbook of all my assigned tasks for my back up
* Wash the carseat and bassinet covers
* Install the carseat
* Buy a crib mattress
* Clean house!!!!!
* Gather supplies for the breastfeeding corner
* Get a baby book

* DECIDE ON A NAME FOR BABY!

I think she's just waiting on us to come up with a name before she makes her entrance.

No comments: