
In addition to all this, I have to stay at my job for 15 months after I've completed a class or I have to pay back the tuition. Now I know that I said in a prior post that I've all but given up on being a stay-at-home-mom in the future, but come on, when have you ever known me to give up that easy? And if I were able to quit in time to homeschool Hannah beginning with Kindergarten, that only gives me 3 more years. Subtract 15 months and I'm left with a little under 2 years. Next figure that I most definitely will not be taking any classes during this coming spring semester as I will be having a baby a month after classes start, and the following summer semester is out because the baby will only be 3Â? months old. That leaves me with only 9 months, or 2 semesters - not enough time to squeeze in all 18 credits. Then again, I could get all but the last two classes paid for by following this schedule.
This is my question: should I be this concerned about school at this point in my life? In the plus column I could list: sense of accomplishment, a long-term goal realized, helpful should I return to the job market, helpful if I remain in the job market, a good example for mychildrenn of what can be accomplished with determination. In the minus column I might find: precious little time for family, neglect of household chores, no time for hobbies, many parenting duties pushed off on husband. I just don't know what to think. I'm also aware that all this focus on completing my degree requires much time for a largely world-oriented goal and leaves less time for biblically-oriented goals. From a purely biblical perspective why should one waste time on things that will not matter in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 6:18-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Would anyone like to offer their advice?
3 comments:
Dreamer your always torn between your religon and the world in which we live. Here is my advice. Realize that God gave you the brains to be all you want to be in this life and the ability to know and love him also. He gave you the ability to do in this life all that you wish to accomplish so you could be happy here on earth. He also gave you the talent to make a comfortable life for your family what ever you and your family should decide that may be. If getting a degree is good for your mental health and makes you feel good about your self and as if you have accomplished something, by all means do so. It will also teach Hannah the right things to be able to succeed in life. You deciding to do that for yourself in no way limits your ability to teach Hannah or be a good wife, or in any way make you less of a person in Gods eyes. While you may or may not be able to stay at home with Hannah and homeschool her look at what she can do.....She did not learn her colors, name or your name by accident you taught her that and because of you she loves to learn. She always says read to me Mommy. Your positive impact is permanently marking her already. Decide your path and dont second guess your self so much. Your a GREAT mommy and this is the most important part. School is important to you or you would not be going now. Hang in there and keep your head up.... Your doing fine!
Thanks for the advice "anonymous":)
Do you think you know Anonymous?
Post a Comment