With Daddy's permission I'm re-starting this blog. My focus in this blog will be my baby, just as the title line states. It should be noted that in real life my focus is on Daddy and Hannah. I strongly believe that one of the greatest gifts you can give your children is two parents who are happily married and to do that, your spouse must come first.
So much has happened since my last entry. Hannah is now almost two years old and still as cute as can be. I'm still working full time and going to school. I survived Biology and now I'm looking forward to taking Astronomy over the Summer.
Hannah is learning so many new words and can communicate more complex ideas now. She is also beginning to mimic her mommy. She watches as I put on my make-up. Depending on whether its blush or eyeshadow she says "my cheek" or "my eye" as she pleads for me to apply makeup to her face. So I use a clean powder brush and pretend to dust her face with it. Then I tell her that she is so pretty and she just beams. Every night at bedtime and any other time she remembers she demands: "Lip on. Lip ON!" That's her way of asking for chapstick or vaseline. She can put it on herself too. Am I raising a girly girl or what?
This morning as we were leaving for the babysitter's house I had to wait for Hannah to find her "pierce", which means purse. She has two of them, so I held them both up and she appropriately picked the one that matched her outfit. And they called me "Miss Priss"! That's OK, because I could just as easily be a tomboy. I know Hannah will be too. Not only is she pretty, she's smart and tough!
No comments:
Post a Comment