I will be glad when Christmas is finally here and I can have a day of rest! This pace I'm keeping is just about to do me in. Try as I might, I did not get everything done early this year, like I had planned. I'm already exhausted and the worst is yet to come. Here's a typical day:
Get up
Shower
Brush teeth and wash face
Get dressed
(the above items are done very quietly and with as little light as possible so as not to wake the Princess)
Get Hannah up
Change Hannah's diaper and dress her
Make breakfast
Feed Hannah, eat breakfast and take pills
Pack diaper bag
Leave house with wet hair
Take Hannah to babysitter
Go to work :(
Come home
Scarf a bowl of soup
Strip comforter, sheets and matress pad off bed (because %@!# cat peed on it) and throw them in the washer
Go to community college
Workout for 1 & 1/2 hours
Come home
Take bedding out of dryer(Hubby unloaded washer) and reposition it to dry some more
Watch TV in kitchen while making pumpkin bread for Christmas luncheon at work and talk to mom on phone (see I can multitask...meanwhile, Hannah is dripping milk out of her sippy cup on the kitchen floor and mopping it up with her jeans)
Feed Hannah a bedtime snack
Change Hannah's diaper and put her in jammies
Take Hannah around to say her goodnights (to Daddy and Smoky)
Put Hannah to bed
Make my bed (sheets only, comforter and mattress pad still not dry!!!)
Take pumpkin bread out of oven and figure out how to let it cool down without drying out (for those of you who are wondering...put pot holders over the top so they will absorb any condensation thus the bread is not soggy and they keep the air out so the bread is not dry...can sit out all night and cool)
Empty the dishwasher and put away clean dishes
Load dishwasher with dirty dishes and start it
Take a shower
Blow dry hair
Brush teeth
Put on jammies
Set the alarm to get up early to drive an extra hour out of my way to take Hannah to grandpa's (babysitter going out of town)
Sleep...finally!
Breakfast with Hannah is quickly becoming the best part of my day. Since Hannah is completely off the bottle now, we get to share our breakfast, usually toast and yogurt, while watching the planes come in for a landing over our house. Hannah loves airplanes and she squeels and giggles all through breakfast. She points at the planes and says "bi-pane! bi-pane!" I'm sure that means airplane.
On the agenda for this weekend...attend hubby's boss's Christmas barn party, finish the shopping for our Adopt-A-Family and wrap and deliver gifts, deliver to Toys for Tots all the toys collected at our work Christmas dinner (it was a hit, by the way), take my mom shopping to get something for my hubby, pickup Hannah from other grandparents house (spent the night while we were at the barn party), finish all my shopping for hubby, finish shopping for Hannah (yes, I can take her shopping with me while I get her presents, she's too little to understand), finish shopping for her cousin, and the neighbors, get supplies to make little bags of candy for co-workers, buy a ham for the family dinner, write a Christmas letter, write Hannah's name and age on all her pictures and stuff/mail Christmas cards and wrap all the presents. That leaves only a few days to get my house ready for the multitude of relatives that are due to converge the day after Christmas. By the way, Daddy/Hubby is not only threatening to boycott, he has now firmly stated that he will not be in attendance while I try and find a place for 29 people in my house! Christmas Eve, I'm going to my mother-in-law's house and I ain't workin' a lick, unless I get guilted into clearing the table after dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment