Woo-hoo! I'm so proud of myself. I participated in a Turkey Trot for the first time ever this Thanksgiving. OK, so I only walked, but it was still cool. So was the weather, especially on the track next to the Missouri River where the run/walk was held. It was only 39 degrees. The runners got a 15 minute head start on us and did a 5K. The walkers only went 2 miles.
I walked by myself. But that's OK. I'm learning to be good to myself. Just because no one wants to join me is not a good reason to give up. I have to take care of myself for my daughter's sake. But I hope they do join me next year. Exercising on Thanksgiving would be a good family tradition to get started.
And another thing, I didn't totally overeat at Thanksgiving dinner. I did overeat, but not to the point of being miserable. Yeah me!
No comments:
Post a Comment