There's no denying it any longer. Winter is here. A cold front blew through Monday afternoon and Tuesday saw the season's first snow. The pace is hastening as we make that mad rush to the holidays. Thanksgiving is only a week away!
To add to the normal pressures of holiday shopping, decorating and mailing cards, I agreed to have the family Christmas at my house this year. No, I volunteered really. What was I thinking? I counted them all up and if everyone comes, there will be 29 people in my house. My house is not big enough for 29 people! And nine of them are children. My best hope is to clean up the basement and set up a couple of card tables down there along with a play area for the kids. My husband is already grumbling and threatening to boycott.
As usual, I'm also coordinating the Thanksgiving giveaway at work and the annual holiday party. I'm always nervous about the party. What if it's a flop? I don't know why I worry though, it's easy to throw a good party when you're spending someone else's money. This year I'm dangerously close to going over budget. The bar tab will be the deciding factor, and one thing is for sure, this group likes free booze. Heaven help us!
1 comment:
Great blog.... Thanksgiving will go great...I did the same thing one year when the kids were young. A coworker had an emergency at work and being I agreed to go in and cover for her Thanksgiving morning , so my poor husband ended up having to get the entire meal together..I got off work in time to eat....
Post a Comment